Accredited social worker status will continue to be recognised, and contribute to evidence of CPD for Social Work England. Social workers with further questions about what the change in process means for them should consult their NAAS lead.
- What the National Assessment and Accreditation System for children’s social workers involves and how it links to the knowledge and skills statements (post-qualifying standards).
- Support for those preparing for NAAS:
- resource maps linking to Community Care Inform resources that can help you build and feel confident in the knowledge and skills set out in each part of your KSS.
- tips and a video* example to help you prepare for assessed ‘simulated practice’ (role play).
- our supported learning quizzes* to help you feel prepared for taking the knowledge assessment (multiple choice questionnaire).
- For tips from social workers who’ve been through NAAS and implemented it in their organisation, see the experiences of NAAS section.
*Quizzes and interactive video are part of Community Care Inform’s supported learning programme. Supported learning content is only available to organisations with a workforce licence. If you would like to find out more about workforce subscriptions and accessing this content, please contact our helpdesk by email or calling 020 3915 9444 or see our brochure.
Introduction to NAAS and the KSS
Experiences of NAAS
Support from CC Inform for the knowledge and skills statements
Department for Education resources
Preparing for assessment
More role play videos
These videos are not modelled specifically to the NAAS framework but show examples of social workers and actors role playing common practice scenarios with points for reflection on how you might approach similar situations.