Practice Guidance

Special guardianship orders: quick guide

grandmother with granddaughter fotolia pololia 760 Photo: fotolia/pololia


The role of the social worker who must prepare a report for the court, what that report should include and what support a local authority may put in place for the child, their carers, and their birth families.

You need to log in to Community Care Inform to view this content. If you have a subscription, please log in here.

Please contact the Community Care Inform helpdesk or phone 020 3915 9444 if you require support or assistance or are unsure if you have a subscription.

If you don’t currently have access, click here to find out more about subscribing to Community Care Inform.