Practice Guidance

Domestic abuse and child contact: quick guide

description_of_image_used_in_domestic_abuse_and_contact_guide_paper_mum_and_child_and_separated_dad_itakdalee_Fotolia_760x304 Photo: itakdalee/Fotolia


Social workers who are employed as Cafcass family court advisers are responsible for the assessment of safe child arrangements when parents have separated and a private law application is made to the court. In public law applications, children’s guardians are appointed by the court to represent the interests of the child. Where domestic abuse is […]

You need to log in to Community Care Inform to view this content. If you have a subscription, please log in here.

Please contact the Community Care Inform helpdesk or phone 020 3915 9444 if you require support or assistance or are unsure if you have a subscription.

If you don’t currently have access, click here to find out more about subscribing to Community Care Inform.