Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act 1970

disabled boy picked up by school bus Photo: zaschnaus/Fotolia


This act requires certain welfare services to be provided to disabled children by English local authorities. Section 2 – Provision of welfare services Disabled children: England This section now only applies to disabled children in England. It requires local authorities, acting under section 17 of the Children Act 1989 (children’s services), to provides services to […]

You need to log in to Community Care Inform to view this content. If you have a subscription, please log in here.

Please contact the Community Care Inform helpdesk or phone 020 3915 9444 if you require support or assistance or are unsure if you have a subscription.

If you don’t currently have access, click here to find out more about subscribing to Community Care Inform.